Tuesday 22 October 2019

Snipes and Seagal for Expendables 3

Wesley Snipes is in talks for Expendables 3
Wesley Snipes is in talks for Expendables 3

Wesley Snipes and Steven Seagal are amongst the action stars who could be joining The Expendables 3, Sylvester Stallone has revealed.

Sly - who is writing and starring in the third instalment of the action movie - has already spoken to the pair about their forthcoming appearances in the film, which will be directed by Patrick Hughes.

"Just talked to STEVEN S. in Moscow ...Sounds great and says he wants to be in EX3, if the part fits... Talked to WESLEY today ... He can not WAIT to fight to the top again !!!!!!! Over..." he tweeted.

Wesley was released from a three-year prison sentence in April, after failing to file income tax returns in 2008.

The 66-year-old Rambo star previously revealed that Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke and Jet Li will be returning for the third film, and teased about getting Jackie Chan, Antonio Banderas, Nicolas Cage and other action heroes such as Harrison Ford and Clint Eastwood on board.

Sly also said he has been inspired by Indonesian action film The Raid: Redemption.

"EX3 is in high gear.... many choices to make, some Big surprises.. Scouting eastern Europe and Asia ...we are going all out on this one ... Could be a big surprise!!" he wrote.

He later added: "Thinking about Raiding, THE RAID....think about it... We believe we can do better than the RAID, which was an excellent film... Raising the bar..."

The Expendables 3 is expected to start shooting this year, for a possible release in 2014.

PA Media

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment

Back to top