Sunday 19 November 2017

Simon Delaney – ‘I’ve never watched a horror in my life but now I’m starring in The Conjuring’

Simon Delaney will star in The Conjuring II
Simon Delaney will star in The Conjuring II
Independent.ie Newsdesk

Independent.ie Newsdesk

Irish actor Simon Delaney revealed that it was a surprise to all of his friends when he accepted a roll in The Conjuring, despite being terrified of horror films.

The Bachelors Walk actor admitted that he can hardly watch the Angelus and said accepting a role in The Conjuring II is hugely out of character for him.

“I’ve never watched a horror film in my life and now I’m in one. Breaking Bad scares me. I get upset watching the Angelus,” Simon told The Daily Mail.

“It’s the biggest movie that I’ve ever done but I’ll be watching it squinting from behind my hands.

“Even when I read the script I was flicking through terrified because it’s all crucifixes and priests.

“I’m doing most of my scenes with Maria Kennedy Doyle. I’ve known her for years but we’ve never worked together. We starred in an Irish movie years ago but The Conjuring II we’ve a lot of scenes together. And it was great to see a friendly face in LA.”

Simon said the film required him to relocate to the US for ten weeks, away from his wife and children Cameron (9), Elliot (7) and Isaac (3). The family is expecting a fourth child in May.

“It’s full-on mayhem. There are boy-shaped holes all over our house. Lisa has to put up with me being away. Last year I was away for ten weeks in the States for The Conjuring,” he said.

Online Editors

Promoted Links

Entertainment Newsletter

Going out? Staying in? From great gigs to film reviews and listings, entertainment has you covered.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment