Gal Gadot confirms Brett Ratner will no longer be involved in Wonder Woman 2
Gal Gadot has confirmed that producer Brett Ratner will not be involved in Wonder Woman 2.
Ratner is facing multiple allegations of sexual misconduct and it was reported last week that DC's Wonder Woman star Gadot was refusing to sign up for the sequel unless he was taken off the project.
Page Six reported, "A Hollywood source tells Page Six that Gadot — who last month backed out of a dinner honoring Ratner, where she was due to present him with an award — is taking a strong stance on sexual harassment in Hollywood and doesn’t want her hit 'Wonder Woman' franchise to benefit a man accused of sexual misconduct."
Now Gadot has revealed that he was in fact booted off Wonder Woman 2 before the report appeared.
WATCH: Gal Gadot responds to report she didn’t want to work with Brett Ratner, who has faced sexual harassment allegations, on next installment of Wonder Woman pic.twitter.com/rBuSH2CE2Z— TODAY (@TODAYshow) November 15, 2017
Speaking with Savannah Guthrie on Today, she said, “The truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie—it’s not just me—and they all echoed the same sentiments. You know what I mean? So everyone knew what was the right thing to do, but there was nothing for me to actually come and say because it was already done before this article came out.”
Ratner has been accused of sexual misconduct by several women including the actress Ellen Page who said she was 'outed' by Ratner on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand when she was just 18.
Fellow star Anna Paquin has backed up her claims. Ratner denies the allegations against him, which come after several weeks of similar allegations levelled at producer Harvey Weinstein among others.