Friday 24 November 2017

Liam Neeson in talks for Taken 3?

Liam Neeson
Liam Neeson

Liam Neeson could be showing off his particular set of skills again in Taken 3.

The star of the kidnap thrillers is in talks to make the franchise a trilogy with a third instalment, says Deadline.

He is said to be in the final stages of talks and despite reports he was reluctant to come back for the last sequel, Liam is apparently being courted with a 20 million dollar offer to star again.

No plot details have been released yet, but Liam would be returning to his role as retired CIA agent Bryan Mills, who rescued his kidnapped daughter in the first film and searched for his ex-wife in the second.

According to Deadline, next on the list to sign up for part three will be Maggie Grace who played his daughter and Famke Janssen who played his ex-wife.

Liam previously said of the chances of a third instalment: "I don't think so. I think we're finished. Mind you, I thought we were finished with the last one... If there is a sequel it should be based on Maggie's character."

And Maggie has said: "I think it's a strong possibility. They're a lot of fun to make. And I think if Liam's game, [writer] Luc Besson is full of ideas."

Liam can be seen later this year in action thriller Non-Stop, crime drama A Walk Among The Tombstones and romance Third Person. He also appears in comedy sequel Anchorman: The Legend Continues and voices a part in animation Khumba.

Press Association

Promoted Links

Entertainment Newsletter

Going out? Staying in? From great gigs to film reviews and listings, entertainment has you covered.

Promoted Links

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment