Jackson: Tintin comes after Hobbit
Peter Jackson has revealed that he will start working on the Tintin sequel, once his Hobbit films are completed.
The New Zealand filmmaker is set to take over the director's chair from Steven Spielberg, whom he produced The Adventures Of Tintin with, for the next instalment, but admitted that it has been delayed while he focused on his Hobbit film trilogy.
"As soon as I'm free of The Hobbit, I'll be going back into doing Tintin," he told Italian website Bad Taste.
"It was held up by The Hobbit, but we have every intention of doing another Tintin movie and it's just waiting on me to be done with these Hobbit movies. Pesky Hobbit movies, get them out of the way and then we can go back to Tintin," he added.
The second Hobbit film, The Desolation Of Smaug, is out on December 13, with the third film, Here And Back Again, to follow in late 2014.
Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis and Daniel Craig starred in the first Tintin film, which was released in 2011.
Steven previously admitted that the second film, based on Herge's comics, had been planned for December 2015.
"Don't hold me to it, but we're hoping the film will come out around Christmas time in 2015. We know which books we're making, we can't share that now but we're combining two books which were always intended to be combined by Herge," he said in March.