Bullock renews restraining order
Sandra Bullock has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man accused of stalking her since 2003.
The Oscar-winning actress's attorney obtained the protective order on her behalf against Thomas James Weldon, who has been the subject of previous court orders to stay away from the 45-year-old.
A hearing for a three-year order against Weldon was scheduled for August 6.
Sandra first obtained a restraining order in California against Weldon in 2003, but that order expired in 2009.
He voluntarily entered a mental institution in Tennessee, and the actress sued the state in 2006 to require them to notify her of his release.
According to the court filing, Weldon turned up in a Wyoming emergency room last month complaining of anxiety and sleeplessness. He later told hospital staff that he had driven from Tennessee in an attempt to meet Sandra at her home in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
The actress's previous court filings have accused Weldon of repeatedly trying to contact her and travelling around the country in an attempt to meet her. Sandra has never met Weldon, the court filing said.
The restraining order seeks to block Weldon from trying to contact the Blind Side star at any of her homes and any of her movie sets. It also seeks to protect her seven-month-old son Louis Bardo Bullock, whom the actress is in the process of adopting.
Sandra recently finalised her divorce from biker businessman Jesse James.