Meet the Celebrity Big Brother contestants
'Dr Botox' and former TV3 star Danielle Meagher will be representing the Irish in this year's series of Celebrity Big Brother.
- Danielle Marr (earlier this week, she changed the spelling of her last name from 'Meagher' to 'Marr'), is a celebrity botox doctor and clinical director of DermaFace Clinic. She rose to fame through the reality show Dublin Wives. She graduated from Trinity College, Dublin, as a dentist in 2007 and founded her company, which now has two clinics, that year. The reality show ran for two series and Danielle was seen as the "alpha female" of the group, with her opinions often alienating the other wives. She quit the show in April saying she was sick of "carrying" her co-stars. She has recently been filming her own internet spin-off show Dr Danielle's Diaries.
- Abz Love, real name Richard Breen, was a member of the 90s boyband 5ive. He was selected for the group, put together by Simon Cowell, at the age of 17. The band went on to sell almost 20 million records worldwide, including hits Keep On Movin' and If Ya Gettin' Down, before splitting in 2001. After the break-up Abz enjoyed a brief solo career. The group reformed in 2007 but abandoned their comeback eight months later. He credits his current girlfriend, Vicky Fallon, with saving his life and has admitted throwing his money away on a champagne and drugs lifestyle.
- Bruce Jones is best known for playing cab driver Les Battersby in Coronation Street. He left the soap opera in 2007 after making inappropriate comments to an undercover reporter and revealing future storylines. Born in Manchester and brought up in Wales, his big break came in the 1993 Ken Loach film Raining Stones. He has four children from two marriages and has also appeared in Band of Gold and the Full Monty. Earlier this year, he told The Sun that he was working as a mechanic in North Wales for £120 a week.
- Carol McGiffin is best known as a regular panellist on daytime talk show Loose Women. She married Chris Evans in 1991 and the couple separated in 1994 and divorced in 1998. She is now engaged to Mark Cassidy who is 22 years younger than her. She began her broadcasting career in 1988 as co-host of the Chris Evans shows on GLR and in 1995 became the founding member of the Talk Radio UK team. The outspoken broadcaster joined Loose Women in 2003 and is the show's longest-serving panellist.
- Charlotte Crosby is a reality television personality who shot to fame on Geordie Shore. Her on-off relationship with fellow cast mate Gaz had viewers gripped. Famously labelled as Cheryl Cole's favourite, Charlotte loves to be the centre of attention and describes herself as fun, loveable, ditzy and laid back. In April she was kicked out of the Geordie Shore house after a fight with Gaz when she caught him sneaking a party guest upstairs. In scenes deemed too violent to be shown on MTV, Charlotte managed to pull a bed apart with her bare hands, breaking her foot in the process.
- Courtney Stodden is an American television personality and model. Born in Washington, the beauty queen has recorded several self-penned songs which have become hits on YouTube. In 2011 she met Green Mile actor Doug Hutchison, 53, online. Later that year, after a courtship over the internet, the couple married in Las Vegas. The pair starred in the second season of the VH1 reality television series Couples Therapy. Stodden has been a dedicated vegetarian for the past two years and has promoted the vegetarian lifestyle on behalf of PETA.
- Dustin Diamond is an American actor best known for his role as Samuel "Screech" Powers in the television show Saved by the Bell. He's also appeared on the reality TV show Celebrity Fit Club and published a memoir, Behind the Bell. Dustin notoriously directed and released his own sex tape called Screeched - Saved by the Smell. He enjoyed early success as a child actor, appearing in Yogi's Great Escape, Big Top Pee-wee and Purple People Eater. In 2000 Dustin declared bankruptcy claiming he earned about 2,000,000 US dollars acting as Screech on the various Saved By The Bell shows but blaming his parents for stealing the money.
- Lauren Harries, born James Harries, began her career appearing as a 10-year-old boy on the Wogan show in 1988 labelled as a child prodigy. From the age of five, Harries had collected antiques and enjoyed fame after a piece of porcelain he found was valued at several thousand pounds. He was famous for his thick golden curls, formal clothes and bow ties. James started cross-dressing in 1997 and changed his name to Lauren before undergoing a full sex change in 2001. Describing her life-changing moment, she said: "My life is just beginning. It's like I've been reborn."
- Louie Spence is a choreographer, television personality and artistic director of Pineapple Dance Studios. He was a professional dancer and in his youth, performed in West End musicals such as Cats and Closer to Heaven. Louie rose to fame in docusoap Pineapple Dance Studios. The show gave viewers an insight into the world of dance. Raised on a North London council estate, he toured and worked with Take That, East 17, 2 Unlimited, Boyzone, Eterna and, Bjork. He was one of five male dancers selected to accompany the Spice Girls on their debut Spiceworld tour.
- Mario Falcone is a bespoke tailor on Saville Row best known for starring as himself in The Only Way Is Essex. Debuting during the third series in 2011, Mario became known for his on/off relationship with Lucy Mecklenburgh, which ended in February 2013. The self-confessed ladies' man once said: "My most was during two weeks away in Crete - I slept with 23 girls!"
- Ron Atkinson, known as Big Ron, is a football player turned manager famous for his "Ronglish" turns of phrase. He was forced to resign from his job as an ITV pundit in 2004 after making a racist comment about black Chelsea star Marcel Desailly. He managed Kettering Town and Cambridge United before moving to manage first division West Bromwich Albion. He went on to manage clubs including Manchester United, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry City, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forrest and Atletico Madrid and enjoyed two FA Cup wins. Since the Desailly incident, Atkinson has claimed that the comment was an aberration and that he is not racist, citing in his defence that his West Bromwich Albion side was the first high-profile British club to have a significant number of black players.
- Sophie Anderton is a model and reality television star. Born in Bristol, she rose to fame after appearing in an advertising campaign for underwear brand Gossard. She has since spoken about how she developed a cocaine addiction after being told the drug would "keep her looking slim". She famously dated former Chelsea goalkeeper Mark Bosnich. In 2012 she declared she was "completely clean of addiction."She has also appeared on the ITV shows Love Island and I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here.
- Vicky Entwistle is most famous for playing "loudmouth" factory work Janice Battersby in Coronation Street. Born in Lancashire, she worked as a bluecoat at Pontin's in Devon before winning a scholarship to attend drama school. She left the show in 2010 after 13 years and said: "Corrie means so much to me and I could easily have continued to play Janice for the rest of my acting career." Since January she has been playing the role of Madame Thenardier in Les Miserables on the West End.