Sign in, Select & Subscribe.
The Irish Independent and Sunday Independent are available to read as digital editions faithful to the print newspaper layout. Read them on your desktop computer or mobile device, on the web or via dedicated apps.
All of the stories by your favourite writers are included, exactly replicating the printed page.
For smaller screens and easier viewing the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent articles can be opened individually, with the text size adjustable to suit your preference.
You can either subscribe monthly or yearly, and the subscription will automatically renew.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I see ads in the app?
As a paid subscription service it is an ad-free app. However you will see adverts that would have appeared in the printed edition of the paper (as it is an exact replica).
- Can I pay via invoice or direct debit?
We currently only accept debit or credit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- How do I change from monthly to annual billing or vice versa?
Please contact customer service on (042) 941 8900
- How do I ensure the app doesn’t take up too much space? (Android devices.)
In the menu, under “Settings” tap “Auto delete publications”. Set this to a few days or weeks and old publications will be cleared.
- How do I ensure the app doesn’t take up too much space? (Apple iOS devices.)
In the Independent Newsstand app, under "My Downloads", tap the recycle bin icon. Choose to delete issues older than a few days or weeks and old publications will be cleared.
- Where can I find the iOS (Apple) app?
- Where can I find the Android app?
- Where can I see the newspaper on my laptop/desktop?
Please follow this link and sign in.