Need for Speed update adds Photo Mode and wrap sharing
Need for Speed is getting a new update this week, which adds popularly requested features like Photo Mode and wrap sharing.
Another Need for Speed update hits the street this week with a number of frequently requested features in tow.
The update adds a Photo Mode, new ways for players to compete with one another in the online world, and the ability to share custom wraps and car designs.
Snapshot Pro gives you control of the camera and then lets you tweak settings like depth of field, brightness, contrast, vignette, and saturation. You'll also have access to a range of pre-set filters.
It looks like it'll be very easy to share and find custom wraps. If you create one, you can mark it as shareable and it will show up in the newly created option within the Paint and Wrap menu for people to check out and download.
When the update is released, the Need for Speed front menu will feature a "Competitive" option, which will let people jump in and find other like-minded racers. Ghost Games didn't delve into what this will offer in any great detail, so you'll have to wait for the update to drop.
Another new feature being added, which was requested by the community, is the ability to repair on the fly. Driving through a gas station will repair your vehicle free of charge, so you don't have to drive around in a beat up car until you go back to your own garage.
The Need for Speed update arrives on Wednesday.
Full Patch Notes
- New Feature: Wrap Sharing
- New Feature: Snapshot Pro Mode
- A new "Splash" screen which gives players information on what is included in the new updates from the Living Game
- A new Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
- Improvements to Kickbacks and likes on snapshots
- 100+ new customization items for a variety of cars
- License plates are back. Apply around 10 different license plates to your car for more in depth customization
- We've made more improvements and bug fixes to multiplayer. You can now play with like-minded people, if you want to play competitive then you can now select this option when matchmaking and join a world with people who also want to play competitive.
- 3 new Trophies and achievements
- Drive through a Gas Station and repair your car on the fly.
- A variety of tweaks and improvements including AI, player feedback, Gameplay and World
- Fixed a couple of bugs for Eddie's challenge
- Multiple stability fixes