Free Expansion Coming for DriveClub Bikes this Month
Owners of the new premium Bikes add-on for DriveClub can look forward to a free expansion pack arriving November 17th
When Evolution surprised racing fans with a brand new motorbike add-on for their DriveClub title, a PlayStation 4 exclusive, they certainly weren't finished with unexpected announcements, as shown by the fact that Bikes will receive a substantial expansion on November 17th, free of charge.
As part of the new addition, players will be able to test their mettle in six shiny new events on two new bikes - the Erik Buell Racing 1190SX and the Erik Buell Racing 1190RX - while three additional trophies will be up for grabs for those interested in showcasing their accomplishments to the world.
The add-on goes live on the same day as a brand new update arrives for DriveClub, adding in some new functionality including private lobbies, which have been top of most DriveClub players' most wanted lists since the game launched in October of last year. For those of you who are bandwidth conscious, the full update is expected to weigh in at around 400-500mb.
The good news doesn't stop there, either, with Evolution confirming that players can expect to get their hands on a wealth of new additions between now and Christmas, including additional bikes, cars, tours, Accolade ranks, difficulty levels and customisation slots. For a game that launched under such inauspicious circumstances, things are starting to come together quite nicely for the DriveClub community, and with Evolution's dedication to continued support and updates, it looks like there's plenty of life in the title yet.
The full list of the planned November 17th updates are as follows:
Game Update 1.24:
- Private Lobbies have been introduced to Multiplayer, to play custom games with your friends online competitively or for fun.
- Private Lobbies include a wide range of customisable options and modifiers for things like; Grid Position, Penalties, Vehicle Collisions, Drafting, Gear Changes, Camera Perspective, and more.
- Introduces a new Multiplayer Accolade. Earn fame rewards for playing online via the event browser or with your friends in Private Lobbies.
- The Club Level cap has been raised from 50 to 55, with a new reward to unlock at level 55.
- ELITE Driver Levels 76-80 have been added, with a new reward to unlock at each level.
- ELITE Driver Level Challenges can now be played directly via a new option in your Driver Profile.
- A new in-game store has been added to make finding add-ons for DRIVECLUB much easier.
- Adds a steering wheel profile for DRIVECLUB Bikes, and reintroduces look left and right on the steering wheel d-pad for cars.
- 2 new Sprint tracks for Glenmorgan (India) and Chungara Lake (Chile).
- An adjustable ‘Braking Assist’ is now available to aid those less familiar with the tracks, generally helping make the game easier for novice drivers.
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
Update 1.24 Add-ons:
- Adds support for the EBR Expansion (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free expansion for DRIVECLUB BIKES on Nov 17) – which includes the Erik Buell Racing 1190RX, Erik Buell Racing 1190SX and EBR Tour Pack.
- The EBR Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the EBR Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
- Adds support for the free All Stars Tour Pack (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free add-on for DRIVECLUB on Nov 17).
- The All Stars Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the All Stars Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
- Adds support for the EBR livery pack (coming to PlayStation®Store on Nov 17). The pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your bikes or cars with.
- Adds support for this months free bonus livery (coming to PlayStation®Store on Nov 17).
Post 1.24 Add-ons:
- More Sprint tracks, every week until Christmas this year!
- More cars, bikes and tours… wink emoticon
- Easy difficulty for Tour.
- Extra Accolade ranks up to Rank 10, to give you more to play for and much bigger Fame rewards for completing them.
- Extra customisation slots, to help you change between your designs more easily.
- Lots more based on your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help shape the game’s next update in December!