Dead Island Definitive Collection leaks - three games for PS4 and Xbox One
Dead Island is getting a Definitive Collection which bundles in the two games released to date as well as a new 16 bit title
Dead Island was a zombie slaying game which popped up in 2011 which was a lot of fun and was followed up by a pretty similar sequel/sidebar in 2013. Mostly we're fans of these games because developers Techland took everything they'd learned to create the superior undead parkour title Dying Light which we're still enjoying today.
Anyway if you managed to miss the Dead Islands to date you're in luck, because they're both getting remastered re-releases on new gen consoles under the title of Dead Island Definitive Collection. The news comes from a leak on the Best Buy website and confirms the two game plus a third - called Dead Island Retro Revenge. It will apparently be some kind of new game with 16 bit homagey graphics for some reason.
There's more info below and even a release date of May 31st 2016 on Xbox One and PS4.
Dead Island: Definitive Collection contains Dead Island: Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and a brand new stand-alone 16-bit game Dead Island: Retro Revenge. Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition are fully remastered versions of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide including all released DLC and patches.Dead Island: Retro Revenge is a brand new stand-alone 16-bit game set in the style of a classic side-scrolling action / endless runner within the Dead Island universe.
- Smash heads, crack skulls and slice em up with visceral melee combat and true story-based 4-player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.
- Enhance and develop your unique character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and unlockable skill trees.
- Collect and customize thousands of weapons ranging from simple wooden bats and fire axes to heavy rifles as you search for the makings of the ultimate zombie-slaying tool.
- Get all the gore you can handle with the incredible details of the layered damage system that gives unprecedented visuals of the effects of each attack, enhanced by the first-person action perspective.
- Navigate the island by boat, the sole remaining mode of transportation.
- Orchestrate a system of traps, fences and turrets to fend off the oncoming zombies and protect the humans who are still alive.
- Adapt to changing visibility conditions and dynamic weather forces.