Are you a virtual addict?
If you identify with any of the following five scenarios, it could be time to log off and look for help, says addiction expert Colin O'Driscoll of Forest Rehabilitation Centre.
- "I can't stop using the internet for a defined period despite my best attempts"
- "I have feelings of guilt or shame after being online"
- "I use the internet to quell feelings of despair, pain or anxiety -- but often end up feeling worse"
- "I suffer mood swings because of my internet use"
- "I keep my internet use a secret from family and friends"