Your personal finance questions: I was refused a loan because of a mistake on my credit rating. Can I get this fixed?

Plus, what is a pensions master trust, and is a PRSA better than an occupational pension scheme

You have a right to ask for information on your credit report to be amended. Photo: Getty Images/iStockphoto© Getty Images/iStockphoto

Charlie Weston

Q I was turned down for a bank loan recently because the lender said I have a poor credit rating. I checked my credit report and found that it showed there was an old loan still outstanding, even though it has long been repaid. How do I get this rectified so that I don’t run into any more trouble getting loans?