We are hiring: Independent.ie looking for a Homepage Channel Editor
Independent.ie are hiring a Homepage Channel Editor to work on our digital newsdesk
The Homepage Channel Editor is a member of our newsroom team who sources, verifies, reports and shares breaking news and other content through our digital platform.
Reporting to the Digital News Editor, the role will also involve managing and editing the Independent.ie homepage, displaying excellent news judgment, an ability to juggle multiple stories, and to work collaboratively with the digital newsroom and other areas of the business.
Candidates should be experienced journalists, with a keen news sense, strong editorial judgement, and a demonstrable interest in current affairs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sourcing, verifying, writing, editing and packaging stories in a fast-paced environment.
- Editing and managing the homepage of Independent.ie, the biggest news site in Ireland.
- A passion for news and current affairs and for excellent content required.
- Liaising and collaborating with the wider digital team, print news editors and group head of news.
- An ability to help drive a team and to work with accuracy, authority and calm while under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A willingness to work shifts, including early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years’ experience working as a journalist, with a news background strongly beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent writing and sub-editing skills, and an aptitude for technology.
- Experience in a digital media environment beneficial. An understanding of the environment is required.
- A demonstrable ability to work under significant time pressures while dealing with multiple assignments.
- A strong knowledge of legal and copyright issues.
Applications accompanied by a CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the receipt of applications COB Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
INM is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities and aims to create a workplace that provides equal opportunities for all