The big decisions in push for changeON THE ECONOMY
* "The core issue is to straighten out the relationship between government and the market, allowing the market to play a
decisive role in allocating resources and improving the government's role.
* "(We) are aiming . . . to form a well-established, scientific and efficient system and to make the regulatory framework in all areas more mature and standardised.
* "Lower the entry barrier on investment and speed up free- trade zone development, while expanding the opening up of inland border areas."
ON FISCAL REFORM
* "Improve legislation and clarify administrative power over the fiscal system, while reforming the tax system, stabilising tax burdens, making the (government) budget transparent, increasing efficiency and establishing a modern fiscal system to let both the central and local governments play active roles."
ON SOCIAL REFORM
* "Establish a more fair and sustainable social security system and deepen medical and health system reforms.
* "Step up efforts to improve social welfare and deepen institutional reforms to realise social justice and equality. We should also make reforms in the income-distribution system to achieve common prosperity.
* "Must improve social management style, promote the vitality of social organisations, innovate an effective social conflict prevention and resolution system, perfect the public security system (and) establish a state security committee and improve systems and strategies to ensure national security."
ON THE ENVIRONMENT AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
* "China will establish a robust system for managing natural resource property rights, draw a red line demarcating environmental protection and implement a payment system for resources and an environmental compensation system."