Secret holidays, Star Wars and puppy leave...Ten quirky perks employers are offering staff
Are you content that your employer offers you a more than reasonable salary, gives you access to a secure pension scheme, or 50pc back on your gym membership?
How about thinking outside of the box when it comes to staff perks; forget safeguarding your financial future when you could be given 'puppy leave' when you get a new dog.
According to research from Job site Glassdoor, companies are becoming more and more creative with their benefits to pull top talent in. Here are just 10 of the more stranger employee perks that could have you looking elsewhere.
1. 'Self management structure' might not entirely work in a alcohol dependent society but Smarkets betting exchange allows its employees to come in when you want and work on what you want. And feed you three meals a day while you have that pleasure.
2. Getting sick of paying for your own holidays? Leeds-based IT software company The Phoenix Partnership offers its employees annual sailing trips all around the world.
3. International cloud computing consultancy Cloudreach - which has hubs in Amsterdam, New York, London, Berlin, Paris - takes its employees on ‘secret holidays’ across Europe and North America.
4. Puppies! Craft beer firm BrewDog allows new dog owners the luxury of getting to know their new best friend by offering paid leave for a week.
5. If you're not completely convinced by Mind Gym's mission statement - "using the latest psychology and behavioural science to transform how people think, feel and behave and so improve the performance of companies and the lives of people who work in them" - you might be content with the fact you get free booze on a Friday.
6. The JustEat crew also love Fridays on the office - with free food and drink given out every Friday, accompanied by a resident DJ to get the party really started.
7. How about a trip to Harrods HR? The department store gives their staff 33pc discount on all items and 50pc reduction on business clothing.
8. It might not be the Only reason why you should tie the knot but business-to-business hosting company UKFast gives one extra week paid leave when employees get married - and £10,000 bonus for ten years’ service to the business. That's inspiring loyalty.
9. Web analytics company Hotjar hand out €4,000 to each employee to help them build their own office space at home. (Which means you can apply even you plan on staying in Ireland!) No more commuting!
10. But if you do have to travel to work, how about heading for a renovated castle with a built in Star Wars themed cinema room. Because that's where the staff at price comparison website money.co.uk get the bus to.