Ireland rugby star Sean O'Brien opens up about lucky escape from deadly slurry gas
Ireland rugby star Sean O'Brien has talked about a lucky escape he had from deadly slurry gas on his farm recently.
The sports star shares the recent hazardous experience on his family farm when he suffered cramps in his arms and a pain in his head after accidentally inhaling fumes while scraping out a slurry tank.
“Last year I was doing some agitating some slurry.
“After the agitation I left it for an hour or so I had to scrape up and clean around the tank.
“On my way back to Dublin that night I started having cramps in my arms and a bad pain in my head.
"When I went to the doctor he said I probably got a whiff of gas and it made me very aware of the precautions around the use of slurry and agitating and making sure guards and covers are well in place," he said.
“Stay away from slurry as much as possible when working with it,” he warned.
O'Brien made the comments in an educational film, made by Roscommon CBS transition year students and their ag science teacher.