CAP changes under spotlight
The proposed changes to CAP will be the focus of a Farm Family Rights Group (FFRG) public meeting which is to take place at the Michael Davitt Memorial Centre in Straide, Foxford, Co Mayo, on Sunday, October 6.
Donie Shine of the FFRG said the aim of the meeting was to end the "unjust CAP payment system" that delivered 80pc of payments to 20pc of farmers.
He said FFRG wanted Agriculture Minister Simon Coveney to:
* Implement the full CAP changes in 2015 and not 2019;
* Introduce a cap on direct payments;
* Frontload payments on the first 32ha;
* Guarantee a new REPS scheme;
* Abolish coupling or stacking of payments except in force majeure cases.