Partry House is a substantial country house with great history and character situated on the shores of Lough Carra in Co Mayo. Built in 1667 by the Lynch family on the ruins of the medieval Cloonlagheen Castle, the house is set in 248ac of farmland, woodland and parkland and includes two islands on Lough Mask.
ocated 6km from Ballinrobe and 17km from Cong, the estate includes a five-bedroom gate lodge and two islands. It is for sale by private treaty with a guide price of €1.78m.
The sale is being handled by joint selling agents Savills and Tuohy O'Toole.
The Lynch family, later known as Blosse Lynch, occupied Partry for over 300 years from 1667 until 1991.
Since purchasing the property in 1995, the present owners have invested considerable time and expenditure restoring the house, while retaining the integrity of the original period features. The estate has also been brought back to its former self.
The accommodation extends to 7,803 sq ft and includes the main hall with an imposing staircase, decorative ceilings and a wooden floor. The drawing room has a corniced ceiling, marble fireplace, twin recessed arches and pitch pine floor.
The dining room has a corniced ceiling with original decorative frieze, a Sienna marble fireplace and similar wood floor. There are five main bedrooms on the first floor, four of which have en-suite bathrooms.
The kitchen is a large bright room with lake and garden views. It features original stone door heads, a four-oven Aga cooker, fitted kitchen units and shelving. It also has granite worktop and integrated dishwasher. This floor also has a guest room while behind the kitchen a passage leads to the pantry and the back door.
The west wing also includes a further reception room and, a cloakroom and an office.
The east wing of the house includes a self-contained apartment that comprises a living room, bathroom, a fully fitted kitchen, a small bedroom and laundry room. This side of the main house has two further bedrooms and two separate shower rooms.
According to Harriet Grant of Savills, the residence is a wonderful sporting property.
Of the 248ac more than 70ac is good quality pasture and meadowlands. The 70ac is laid out in about 15 divisions designed to allow easy access, stock movement and field rotation.
To the rear of the main house is an original yard with an array of useful stone buildings including a housed generator, coach house, lofts, stores and stabling.
Modern stabling has been developed, approximately 100m beyond and it has purpose built units with useful stock handling facilities
The Gate Lodge at the main estate entrance is a fine, five bedroom modern house built in 2002.
It includes a living room, dining room, a fully fitted kitchen with breakfast room a utility, cloakroom and a double bedroom, as well as four spacious bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms. The lodge has been successfully used as self-catering accommodation for 10 guests.