How can a strangles outbreak be managed?
iosecurity refers to a set of management practices that can minimise the spread of disease on, off or within a particular premises. It includes such practices as:
- Isolating incoming stock and testing, treating or monitoring them for disease, for example by twice-daily temperature recording
- Grouping stock by age (or other category)
nAssigning different staff/equipment/housing/ regimes to different groups of animals
- Enforcing disinfection protocols on the premises for staff, equipment, vehicles, etc
- Using disposable equipment such as gloves or overalls
- Removing infected or suspicious stock or materials.