Dates announced for showjumping spring tour
Dates and venues for the 2015 HSI/Connolly's Red Mills Spring Tour have been announced.
The Grand Prix series is hugely popular with young riders, and those wishing to bring on younger horses before the start of the summer leagues.
Kildare International will host the opening leg on February 15, with the remaining legs confirmed as:
* Cavan EC, Co Cavan, February 22;
* Ravensdale EC, Co Louth, March 1; lWexford EC, March 7; lKillossery EC, Co Dublin, March 8;
* Ballinamona EC, Co Waterford, March 15;
* Broadmeadow EC, Co Dublin, March 17;
* Cavan EC, Co Cavan, March 22;
* Maryville EC, Co Cork, March 29;
* Kernans EC, Co Armagh, March 29;
* Uppermace EC, Co Mayo, April 4;
* Barnadown EC, Co Wexford, April 5;
* Claremorris EC, Co Mayo, April 11;
* Mullingar EC, Co Westmeath, April 12;
* Warrington EC, Co Kilkenny, April 18;
* Coilog EC, Co Kildare, April 19.
Sponsored by the Showjumpers' Club, Horse Sport Ireland and Showjumping Ireland, each competition is run as a 1.30 metre under National SJI Grand Prix rules.
This year will again see the addition of a section for seven and eight-year-olds.
This will be sponsored by Castlefield Sport Horses and boasts a prize fund of €2,000.
Three points will be awarded for double clear rounds and additional bonus points for first, second and third in all legs.
The best results of nine legs will count for all combinations.
Meanwhile, the Showjumpers' Club, in association with Connolly's Red Mills, will present an open evening titled 'Gallop Towards Olympic Success' on January 21.
This takes place at the Killashee House Hotel outside Naas, Co Kildare, and starts at 9.30am.
Guest speakers include former world champion Jos Lansink.
Margaret Wilson will discuss protein in the development of muscle in the horse.
International show jumper and trainer, Trevor Breen, and Luc Henry will provide insights into breeding the modern show jumper.
Jac Remijnse will look at the value of the male versus female lines in breeding, while Enda Carroll will address buying horses for the international market.
Other speakers will include Brian Purcell (PR, marketing and media presentation), Tom Buckley (yard and drug management) and Tiernan Gill (ETE certificate).
Tickets are priced at €50 for the day and include lunch. They can be booked by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Stories Like This and More
Download the Free Farming Independent App