Glanbia will pay its milk suppliers 31c/L including VAT for February manufacturing milk supplies.
lanbia Ingredients Ireland (GII) has held its base price for February at 31c/L including VAT for manufacturing milk at 3.6pc fat and 3.3pc protein.
Glanbia Chairman Henry Corbally said that the Board will continue to monitor dairy markets on a monthly basis.
Meanwhile, Lakeland Dairies announced it has held its milk price at 31.28c/L including VAT for February milk.
2018 Seasonality Scheme
Meanwhile the Board of GII has today approved the terms of a new three-year Seasonality Scheme, commencing in 2018.
For 2018, a fixed Early Lactation Bonus of 4.25c/L (including VAT) will be paid on all qualifying litres supplied during the last two weeks of January and for the month of February.
A Late Lactation Bonus will be paid on all qualifying volumes supplied during the month of November each year. The rate of the Late Lactation Bonus will be determined by the total qualifying volume, up to a maximum late lactation bonus pool payout of €0.5m.
For the current year, the Seasonality Scheme will operate on the same basis as 2016, with a €2.2m fund allocated across the months of February, October and November.
The rate of payment per litre will be determined by the total qualifying volume in each of the three months.
The chairman of GII, Henry Corbally, said that, having reviewed milk supply for the first full calendar year after milk quota abolition, the Board wished to encourage best practice, which for Spring calving systems is to calve cows compactly at the start of the grazing season.
“The move to a fixed Early Calving Bonus will provide farmers with certainty as they plan their forthcoming breeding season,” he said.
The new Seasonality Scheme, which is subject to annual review, will operate on the following basis from 2018:
- Bonus payments, which are available to all GII milk suppliers in the Republic of Ireland, will be based on standard constituents;
- The Early Lactation Bonus will be paid on all qualifying litres of creamery milk supplied during the last two weeks of January and the month of February;
- The Late Lactation Bonus will be paid on all qualifying volumes of creamery milk supplied in November;
- To qualify for the Early Lactation Bonus, suppliers must supply a minimum of 3pc of their annual supply in the Glanbia accounting month of February;
- To qualify for the Late Lactation Bonus, suppliers must supply a minimum of 3pc of their annual supply in the Glanbia accounting month of November;
- In order to qualify for both the Early Lactation Bonus and the Late Lactation Bonus, suppliers must supply no more than 15% of their annual supply in the Glanbia accounting month of June;
- Milk lactose levels must be a minimum of 4.35pc in order to qualify for the Early Lactation Bonus and Late Lactation Bonus;
- Based on the previous year’s milk supply pattern (3pc Feb, less than 15pc peak), qualifying suppliers will be paid the early lactation bonus with their February milk payment (paid in March).
- Based on the previous year’s milk supply pattern (3pc Nov, less than 15pc peak), qualifying suppliers will be paid the late lactation bonus with their January milk payment (paid in February);
- In January each year a review of qualifying suppliers will be completed, following from which any newly qualifying suppliers will be identified and will receive a retrospective payment. Payments made to suppliers who did not meet the previous year’s qualifying criteria (max 15pc in June and the minimum 3pc Feb/Nov requirement) will be recovered over the three month period Apr to June.
- The Early Lactation Bonus and Late Lactation Bonus payments do
not apply to suppliers with liquid and/or winter milk contract