Budget 2018 snap analysis: Five positives for the economy - and for your pocket
Merrion Capital stockbroker Alan McQuaid picks five reasons why the budget is good for punters.
The top five.
1. The 50c hike on cigarettes aside, income tax cuts and social welfare hikes should boost average iincomes.
2. Increased capital spending plans are good for services and will mean an increase in the number of people at work.
3. Investing in education will improve Ireland’s skillset in the long run.
4. New initiatives today like investment in roads etc reduces Ireland’s structural deficit.
5. The budget will be well received by financial markets keeping the cost of servicing of debt down.