News World News

Sunday 11 December 2016

Saudi prince convoy ambush: 11 held

Published 18/05/2015 | 13:51

The convoy was ambushed in Paris
The convoy was ambushed in Paris

Eleven people have been detained in relation to last year's dramatic ambush of a Saudi prince's diplomatic convoy in Paris, the city prosecutor's office said.

  • Go To

Spokeswoman Agnes Thibault-Lecuivre confirmed that 11 people were in custody but declined to release other details.

Armed robbers ambushed the Mercedes in August 2014 as the convoy was headed to the airport, torching and abandoning the vehicle later.

At the time, officials said the car had 250,000 euro (£181,000) in cash and embassy documents inside, and that the assailants seemed well informed about the convoy's itinerary.

Neither Saudi nor French officials have named the prince.

Members of the Saudi royal family often come to Paris for diplomatic or business visits.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News