Saturday 23 September 2017

'35 is check-out time for women' - New Trump tapes reveal a litany of lewd comments

Mr Trump’s remarks about his daughter were uncovered by CNN from conversations with Mr Stern over a 17-year period. At the time of his comments, in 2006, Ivanka was 22. Photo by Jeff Swensen/Getty Images
Mr Trump’s remarks about his daughter were uncovered by CNN from conversations with Mr Stern over a 17-year period. At the time of his comments, in 2006, Ivanka was 22. Photo by Jeff Swensen/Getty Images

Nick Allen

Donald Trump faced fresh allegations of sexism yesterday after it was revealed he said it was fine to call his daughter Ivanka a "voluptuous piece of ass" and admitted looking at naked contestants backstage at his beauty pageants.

In a series of interviews with 'shock jock' Howard Stern, Mr Trump also spoke about having sex with three women at a time and how he would never date anyone over 35.

The newly unearthed audio files were released following the publication of a 2005 video showing Mr Trump bragging about groping women that has created the biggest crisis of his presidential campaign.

Hours before last night's second presidential debate, Mr Trump signalled an intention to attack Hillary Clinton about her husband's sexual past.

Read more: 'It's check-out time for women at 35' - More Donald Trump tapes surface with crude sex remarks

Mr Trump shared on social media an interview with Juanita Broaddrick, who has long accused former president Bill Clinton of raping her in 1978. The interview was headlined: 'She relives brutal rapes.'

Mrs Broaddrick, now 73, sued Mr Clinton in 1999, the case was dismissed two years later, and criminal charges were never brought. Mr Clinton denied the allegations.

Mr Trump's remarks about his daughter were uncovered by CNN from conversations with Mr Stern over a 17-year period. At the time of his comments, in 2006, Ivanka was 22.

Mr Stern said she "looks more voluptuous than ever" and asked "if Ivanka had breast implants".

Her father responded: "She's actually always been very voluptuous. She's tall, she's almost six feet tall and she's an amazing beauty."

"By the way, your daughter," Mr Stern said. "Can I say this? A piece of ass?" Mr Trump replied: "Yeah."

In another interview, Mr Trump talked about seeing models naked behind the scenes at the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants he owned.

He said: "I'll tell you the funniest is that before a show I'll go backstage and everyone's getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it.

"You know, I'm inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good. You know, the dresses, 'Is everyone OK?' They're standing there with no clothes and you see these incredible-looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good."

The admission appeared to confirm accusations by Bridget Sullivan, a former Miss New Hampshire, who claimed that Mr Trump walked through the dressing rooms at the pageant. She described him as like a "creepy uncle".

Miss Sullivan said: "The time that he walked through the dressing rooms was really shocking. We were all naked." At the time Mr Trump's team called the suggestion "totally false".

Mr Trump also spoke about having sex with three women at a time and how he would never date anyone over 35. He called 30 a "perfect age" for a woman before adding: "What is it at 35? It's called check-out time."

Republicans are now braced for the release of more embarrassing tapes from Mr Trump's past.

A producer on 'The Apprentice', the top-rated US reality TV series hosted for a decade by Mr Trump, suggested there were more damaging recordings to come. (©Daily Telegraph, London)

Telegraph.co.uk

Editors Choice

Also in World News