Two-year-old boy dies after being left in a hot car by sister (21) who went to work at childcare centre
A toddler has died in Florida after his 21-year-old half sister left him inside a hot car for five hours.
Jacob Manchego (2), was found unresponsive in a SUV at a shopping centre in Brandon, Florida on Tuesday.
He was rushed to a local hospital where he later died, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
According to police the ictim's half sister Fiorella Vanessa Silva-Tello (21) arrived for work at 9.30am at the BFF Kidz Child Care Center with her half-brother Jacob Manchego. Silva-Tello went inside her place of employment and left the child unattended in the vehicle in 32C heat.
Five hours later, Silva-Tello returned to the car, where she found Jacob unconscious, according to the sheriff’s office.
No charges have been filed pending further investigation and review by the Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office.