Michigan shooting rampage man plans to sue Uber
A man accused of fatally shooting six people between driving passengers for Uber in Michigan is suing the ride-sharing company for 10 million US dollars.
Jason Dalton has filed a handwritten complaint against Uber, saying he is "in prison because of Uber", though he does not mention the shootings directly.
Police say Dalton told investigators after the February 20 rampage in Kalamazoo that "a devil figure" on the Uber app was controlling him.
In his lawsuit, Dalton says Uber "ripped" him off and failed to pay him back wages and overtime.
Dalton is charged with murder and attempted murder in the shootings. Two people survived.
Uber's security chief said last month that until the shootings, the company had no reason to believe anything was amiss with Dalton.