Max Clifford guilty: King of spin expected to close his PR firm after sentencing today
Published 02/05/2014 | 11:35
Its website, Maxclifford.com, has already been suspended.
A spokesperson for Clifford could not be reached.
On Monday, he was found guilty of eight counts of sexual assault on four women between the age of 15 and 19 during an eight-year period from 1977.
This week, current client Simon Cowell parted ways with him, following his guilty verdict.
The business had allegedly been losing profit over recent years. Although latest financial records show that the firm was making more than £1million a year, the PR mogul revealed during his trial for sexual assault that the company also lost earnings of that amount.
The firm’s offices moved from near Bond Street to Weybridge, Surrey, last year – near to where Clifford lives.
His representatives are expected to announce news of the company’s closure, following the sentencing.
“We've been told not to say anything,” a staff member told Sky News. There will be a statement, at some point after sentencing, that's all I can say.”
Independent News Service