Jailed over Bailey's
A Cameroon court has overturned the conviction of two men who were sentenced for five years in prison for "looking gay"and ordering Bailey's Irish Cream.
The Court of Appeals has acquitted the men and ordered their release. The two men had already spent more than a year in jail where they were subjected to abuse from guards and other prisoners, human rights workers said. Cruel prison warden
A US prison warden has been suspended after inmates complained they were made to rub pepper sauce on their genitals.
Six prisoners in North Carolina claim officers forced them to perform numerous humiliating acts, including gulping hot sauce and lathering it on themselves, resulting in painful blisters.
Rough escalator ride
Five people were hurt when an escalator suddenly changed direction at a railway station in Jersey City, US
Commuters panicked when the escalator malfunctioned and some jumped off mid-ride. A station spokesman said injuries included back and neck pain, scrapes and bruises.
Sex offender jailed
THE former chief executive of a Colorado-based grocery chain has been sentenced to a month in jail for his role in a child prostitution case in Phoenix.
Sunflower Farmers Market chief executive Michael Gilliland agreed to pay $100 (€77) for sex in 2011 during a sting in which an undercover officer posed as a 17-year-old prostitute. Prosecutors said Gilliland went to a hotel to meet the undercover officer even though she told him during an earlier phone conversation that she was 17. He resigned after his arrest.
Antique jug returned
AN art museum in the US is handing over an ancient water jug to the Italian government after investigators determined that it was likely illegally dug up in Italy years ago and smuggled out of the country.
Toledo Museum of Art officials turned over the 2,500-year-old water jug that the museum bought 30 years ago from antiquities dealers from Switzerland.
Man seeks coffee fix
A MAN who was hit by a bus got up and walked a whole block to a Starbucks, even though he was bleeding from the head. Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore said the well-dressed 32-year-old man apparently suffered concussion and was not making a lot of sense when firefighters arrived. He was taken to hospital with serious injuries.