News World News

Thursday 18 September 2014

Ford injury delays Star Wars shoot

Published 07/07/2014 | 00:07

  • Share
Harrison Ford was injured on the set of Star Wars

Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on Star Wars: Episode VII to be suspended for two weeks.

  • Share
  • Go To

Disney announced shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury.

The 71-year-old actor broke his ankle in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury would not cause any delays.

The studio said Episode VII is still "on track" to wrap in the autumn and be released in December 2015.

The accident is believed to have involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg.

His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

Press Association

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in World News