Thursday 27 October 2016

Young woman (22) died 'after taking ecstasy' at nightclub rave

Pat Hurst

Published 05/06/2016 | 14:45

The Box club in Crewe
The Box club in Crewe

A 22-year-old woman has died after taking what is thought to be Ecstasy at a nightclub rave.

  • Go To

The victim, who has not yet been named, suffered an adverse reaction to the drug at a club in Crewe, Cheshire last night.

She had been to a rave night at The Box club in Crewe and was taken unconscious to Leighton Hospital in the town where she later died.

Police were called to the hospital at 1.50am and an investigation is under way.

Cheshire Police say it is believed the woman had taken MDMA, also known as Ecstasy.

Detective Chief Superintendent Serena Kennedy, from Cheshire Constabulary said: "Sadly, it is unlikely that the victim was the only person to have bought and taken drugs at this location last night.

"We would urge anybody who may have taken the drug to seek urgent medical attention.

"This is a tragic situation and my thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim."

The club involved last night hosted an event titled, 'Core Blimey - The Carnival of Rave'.

No one was available for comment at the club today.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News