Wednesday 26 October 2016

Three men arrested on suspicion of murder of missing chef Claudia Lawrence

Published 22/04/2015 | 10:07

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence
Missing chef Claudia Lawrence

Three men were arrested today on suspicion of the murder of missing chef Claudia Lawrence.

  • Go To

North Yorkshire Police said the men are in their 50s and from the York area.

Miss Lawrence, who was 35 when she disappeared, was last seen on March 18 2009.

She was reported missing by her father Peter after concerns were raised when she failed to turn up for her 6am shift at the University of York.

A York man in his 50s who was arrested in March remains on police bail.

Police said Miss Lawrence has not been found.

Read more: Missing Claudia Lawrence: Man arrested on suspicion of her murder

Detectives are carrying out searches in the city which are expected to last several days.

A 60-year-old man was arrested last year in connection with her disappearance and suspected murder but was later released without charge.

And a 47-year-old man arrested last July on suspicion of perverting the course of justice has also been released from his bail.

North Yorkshire Police began reviewing the case in 2013 and have since carried out a number of searches, including a detailed re-examination of Miss Lawrence's home, in the Heworth area of York, and a fingertip search of an alleyway that leads to the rear of the house.

Detective Superintendent Dai Malyn, head of North Yorkshire Police's major crime unit, urged people not to identify the men who have been arrested to prevent the investigation being "compromised or potentially damaged in any way".

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News