News Europe

Tuesday 2 September 2014

PR guru denies sex-abuse claims

Published 08/12/2012 | 05:00

  • Share

Publicist Max Clifford was questioned by UK police about two separate sex- offence allegations some eight years apart that he "vigorously and totally" denied.

  • Share
  • Go To

Mr Clifford (69) said the allegations were not linked to children, but that he was not allowed to talk further about his 12 hours of questioning following his arrest by officers on the Jimmy Savile sex-abuse inquiry team.

"There were a couple of things put to me, I think one was in 1977 and the other one in 1985, both of which I vigorously and totally denied," Mr Clifford said.

The publicist had previously warned about a "witch-hunt" after revealing that stars had contacted him with concerns about the Scotland Yard inquiry. (© Independent News Service)

Irish Independent

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in World News