Pizza loving dog sets fire to house
Published 24/01/2012 | 13:49
A dog set fire to its owner's home after sniffing out a pizza which had been left on top of a cooker.
Firefighters were alerted to the blaze by neighbours and had to break down the front door of the semi-detached house as the owners were not at home.
The Staffordshire bull terrier had jumped up to try to get at the pizza which had been left on top when he knocked one of the knobs, a spokeswoman for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said.
The pizza caught fire and caused smoke damage to the kitchen during the incident last Friday morning.
The spokeswoman added: "It would appear the dog tried to get at the pizza and managed to turn on one of the cooker's knobs in doing so. The dog was rescued along with a cat. We have no reports to say they were injured in the incident and no-one else was at home at the time."