Photos released in bid to track six people who helped Liverpool fans who died at Hillsborough tragedy
Published 14/05/2015 | 13:47
More photographs of potential witnesses at the Hillsborough tragedy in which 96 Liverpool fans died have been released by investigators.
The six people are thought to have helped some of the fans who died at the FA Cup semi-final on April 15 1989.
On behalf of Hillsborough inquests coroner Sir John Goldring, the eight images have been released by Operation Resolve, which was set up by Home Secretary Theresa May to investigate whether any individuals or organisations are criminally culpable for their part in the disaster.
The officer in overall command of Operation Resolve, Assistant Commissioner Jon Stoddart, said: "The response to the first two appeals has been superb and we are grateful to the public for taking the time to visit our website and view the various images.
"These people could have important information that will help the families in answering some of their unanswered questions and also assist the ongoing inquest process.
"As I have said previously, what we are doing is unusual and I cannot reiterate the importance of people heeding the warnings and advice issued by the coroner and the office of the Attorney General.
"It is important that people do not pass comment on our appeal or any other aspect of the Hillsborough disaster on social media and forums."
The public are asked to visit www.operationresolve.co.uk to view the gallery of pictures and they can also call 08000 283284 if they can identify an image.