Two men charged over links to November Paris attacks
A 29-year-old Algerian man and a 35-year-old Pakistani man have been charged with 'criminal conspiracy with terrorists'
Two men believed to be connected to the 13 November Paris attacks have been charged with terror offences in France, according to a judicial source.
A 29-year-old Algerian man and a 35-year-old Pakistani man were both charged with “criminal conspiracy with terrorists”, the source told AFP.
The two men were arrested at a shelter for refugees in Austria last year on suspicion of being linked to the attacks in the French capital, in which 130 people were killed. They were both extradited to France on Friday.
"The two accused have left federal territory," the Salzburg prosecutors' office said in a statement earlier on Friday.
The French newspaper Le Monde reported that two men travelled together from Syria to the Greek island Leros with two Iraqi brothers who blew themselves up near the Stade de France stadium outside Paris on 13 November 2015.
The two men were first arrested on Leros during a passport check on 3 October, due to one man's poorly spoken Arabic and inability to describe Aleppo, which was cited as his birthplace on his passport, French newspaper Le Parisien reported.
Both men were released three weeks later and travelled to Austria where they were arrested again.
The men’s transfer to France was carried out under a European arrest warrant issued by France, the Austrian prosecutor’s office said.
It added: “Considering the investigations being carried out by the French authorities the Salzburg prosecutors’ office cannot provide further information on the content [of the investigation].”