Paris Terror Attacks: So far 103 victims have been identified
Published 15/11/2015 | 11:54
Following the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday night that killed 129 people and wounded hundreds, more than 15 countries have confirmed their citizens among the dead.
Trending on Twitter is the hashtag ‘#rechercheParis’, which is being used by concerned families and friends to trace their missing loved ones.
Meaning ‘search Paris’, the tag has swelled with the names and photos of scores of people not seen since the coordinated attacks began across the French capital.
Read More: Paris Terror Attacks: Several Kalashnikovs found in abandoned car spotted during Paris shooting spree
For those caught up in the worst violence France has since the end of World War 2, some 103 people have identified among the 129 dead.
Among those confirmed killed in the massacres was Nick Alexander (36), described by his family as "everyone's best friend".
Mr Alexander was killed alongside 86 others at the Bataclan theatre, where he had been selling merchandise for US rock band Eagles of Death Metal.
His girlfriend, Polina Buckley, searched for him after news of the attack broke.
Read More: Paris Terror Attacks: New footage shows moment Paris gunmen began shooting in Bataclan theatre
“Someone please help me find my boyfriend Nick Alexander. Merch guy for EODM #ParisAttacks #Bataclan,” reports the Guardian.
Speaking to the Telegraph, his friend Helen Wilson told the newspaper that she and the 36-year-old had tried to lay down on the floor when up to six of the Paris gunmen burst into the gig and began shooting into the crowd.
Another concert goer drew the gunmen’s attention and they open fired on the pair, hitting Ms Wilson in both her legs and Mr Alexander in the chest.
“His back was to me and I couldn’t see what happened and I tried to keep him talking and then I tried to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, and they [the gunmen] were just sort of in the shadows and they would shoot if anyone said anything.
“Then he couldn’t breathe any more and I held him in my arms and told him I loved him.”
Read More: Paris Terror Attacks: Three arrested as Paris death toll rises to 129
Another of the Bataclan victims was French lawyer Valentin Ribet, the first victim named following the Paris attacks.
The London School of Economics confirmed his death on Twitter, and the university’s chaplain James Walters wrote online saying that he was “Praying for the repose of the soul of Valentin Ribet”.
“Love is stronger than hate Life is stronger than death,” he added.
Also killed when the gunmen stormed the Bataclan theatre was 29-yearold Alberto Gonzalez Garrido from Madrid, Spain.
Mr Garrido was an engineer living in France with his wife, who was also at the concert. The pair were separated amid the chaos, reports the Spanish state broadcaster TVE.
Read More: Paris Terror Attacks: Passport found at scene used by Syrian refugee entering Greece
Thomas Ayad (32), from Amiens, France, has also been named among the dead at Bataclan.
The young concert goer was a producer manager for Mercury Music Group.
Lucian Grainge - the chairman of Universal Music Group, which owns Mercury Music - said the loss was "an unspeakably appalling tragedy," in a note to employees provided to the Los Angeles Times on Saturday.
Three Chileans are thought too to have been killed at the venue.
Read More: Paris Terror Attack: Hundreds using #RechercheBataclan to trace missing loved ones after deadly attack
The foreign ministry in Santiago named one of the dead as Luis Felipe Zschoche Valle, a professional musician who had lived in the French capital for nearly a decade with his French partner.
Their whereabouts are unknown.
The two other Chilean victims are Patricia San Martin (55) and her daughter Elsa Delplace.
The women are described as the niece and grandniece of Chile's ambassador to Mexico.
Read More: Paris Terror Attacks: Wexford woman caught in Paris attacks feels lucky to be alive
Of those killed elsewhere in Paris as a part of the gunmen's other attacks, 23-year-old American student Nohemi Gonzale was named as among those shot and killed while they ate at a restaurant in the eastern part of the French captial.
Studying in Paris on exchange from the California State University, the young designer was described as a "dear friend to many classmates" by one of her lecturers on Facebook.
“Our hearts are with her close friends and family.”LaForte also called the terrorists “spineless cowards [who] murder innocent people”.
Ms Gonzalez’s last public post on Facebook spoke about her being happy to be learning French as part of her programme.
Her heartbroken mother said: "I feel lost, sadness and she was my only daughter.
"She was a very strong young woman. She had big decisions, when she went to do something she committed to whatever she was doing."
Read More: ‘I pretended to be dead for an hour, trying to not cry - not giving those men the fear they longed to see’ - Paris attack survivor’s account of Bataclan massacre
Lassana Diarra, the footballer who was part of the French team which took on Germany during the match which was attacked, announced that his cousin Asta Diakite, had been killed in one of the attacks.
“She was a support and a big sister to me,” he said.
France midfielder Lassana Diarra (30) posted about his cousin Asta Diakite, who was killed in the attacks in Paris on Friday.
"It is with a heavy heart that I heard this news," the ex-Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth player tweeted.
"As you may have read, I was touched personally by the attacks."My cousin, Asta Diakite, was among the victims of one of the shootings, along with hundreds of other innocent French people. She was like a big sister to me."
Diarra was playing in the friendly against Germany at the Stade de France where three suicide bombers died in blasts outside the stadium.