No proof Knox killed Kercher, insist parents
The parents of convicted killer Amanda Knox have once again insisted there is no proof that their daughter murdered British student Meredith Kercher.
The American will appear in court in Italy later this week as her appeal resumes.
Knox's parents said they were hopeful that judges would decide to free the 23-year-old and her former boyfriend, Italian Raffaele Sollecito (25), after re-examining the evidence.
Her mother, Edda Mellas, told 'Daybreak' on ITV1: "We believe that if the judges and the jury take a look at just the evidence and what we're bringing up in the appeal it's a no-brainer and they will let Amanda go."
Her father Curt Knox told the programme: "Well I look at it as this is a point that is Amanda's next chance to be found innocent, which she is.
"And you know this is where the physical evidence review is going to be a real key factor," he said. "And we're looking forward to that and having an independent evaluation and I think once that takes place both her and Raffaele will be let go."
Ms Kercher (21), from Coulsdon, Surrey, was found dead in her bedroom in Perugia, Italy on November 2, 2007, in the house she lived in with Knox.
Her throat had been slit and her semi-naked body was partially covered by a duvet.
Knox, from Seattle, was jailed for 26 years, while Sollecito was sentenced to 25 years.
A third defendant, Rudy Hermann Guede, an immigrant from the Ivory Coast, was convicted of Ms Kercher's murder in a separate trial.