REBEKAH Brooks and Andy Coulson were among 12 phone-hacking defendants who crowded into the dock at the Old Bailey -- to be told they would have to wait at least a year for their main trial to begin.
The two ex-editors of the 'News Of The World' and their co-defendants said nothing other than to confirm their names to the judge.
Beside them in the dock were the paper's former assistant editor, Ian Edmondson; his newsdesk colleague James Weatherup; the paper's chief reporter, Neville Thurlbeck; and news desk executive Greg Miskiw, along with other defendants.
Prosecuting counsel Andrew Edis revealed that the proposed date for the full trial to begin is September 9, 2013.
The dock should have contained 14 people. But the 'News Of The World's former managing editor, Stuart Kuttner, was excused from attending yesterday's hearing, while counsel for the former private investigator Glenn Mulcaire apologised to the court, saying that his client had been delayed. (© Independent News Service)