Tuesday 6 December 2016

Manhunt for man (27) after murder of 21-year-old during night out

Aine Fox

Published 14/10/2015 | 06:35

Detectives have warned members of the public not to approach Shane O'Brien
Detectives have warned members of the public not to approach Shane O'Brien

A man is being sought by police investigating the murder of a 21-year-old roads planner during a night out at a bar.

  • Go To

Detectives have warned members of the public not to approach Shane O'Brien, 27, and to call 999 immediately if they see him.

Josh Hanson, who lived in Kingsbury, suffered a serious neck wound after he was attacked at the RE bar in Eastcote, north-west London, at about 1.10am on Sunday morning. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police, who previously said there were as many as 40 people at the bar at the time of the incident, have made a direct appeal to Mr O'Brien, of Ladbroke Grove, to contact them.

He is described as a white male who is 6ft tall with a muscular build.

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, from the Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: "We are very keen to speak with Shane O'Brien as part of our ongoing inquiries. I would appeal directly to Shane to contact us, or ask that anyone who has seen him or who knows where he is to contact us as well.

"We have had a positive response to our appeal but are still appealing to anyone who was in the RE bar between midnight and the time of the incident and has not yet contacted us to get in touch."

A day after his death Mr Hanson's mother Tracey Hanson spoke of her son's "upbeat approach to life" and appealed for help to find his killer.

In a statement, she said: "For all those who met him, they only had good things to say and this is being reflected in the offers of condolence to myself, his friends and family.

"Please, if you know anything, come forward and tell the police who committed this horrific murder and inform them of their whereabouts."

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News