Tuesday 26 September 2017

Male model held after TV star castrated and beaten to death

Simon Barswell in New York

A male model who had recently been a contestant on a Portuguese reality TV show is in police custody after his companion, a celebrity Portuguese television journalist, was found castrated and bludgeoned to death in a New York City hotel.

The journalist, 65-year-old Carlos Castro, had arrived in the US in the company of his young boyfriend, the model Renato Seabra, to see some Broadway shows, according to a family friend.

There had been some friction between the two men toward the end of the trip, but nothing to suggest that anything horrible was about to happen, said the friend, Luis Pires, the editor of the Portuguese language newspaper 'Luso-Americano'.

The couple had been due to meet Mr Pires's daughter for dinner at the weekend, but Seabra suddenly emerged in the lobby of the InterContinental New York Times Square hotel acting strangely, Mr Pires said. "He told my daughter, 'Carlos will never leave the hotel again'," Mr Pires said.

Security guards opened the door to the room and found the body at about 7pm.

By then, Seabra had left the hotel but was detained by police hours later after he sought care at St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, not far from the hotel.

Police said the victim suffered serious head trauma.

Irish Independent

Editors Choice

Also in World News