Judge brands Peter Andre an 'extremely unsatisfactory witness' in Reality TV court dispute
ITV2 ordered to pay more €5.4m damages toa company run by producer
Published 16/10/2015 | 14:06
Cable channel ITV2 will pay more than €5.4m (£4 million sterling) damages to a company run by reality show producer Neville Hendricks after a High Court dispute involving singer Peter Andre, a lawyer says.
A judge had last week awarded the damages to Mr H TV Ltd - a company owned by Mr Hendricks which produced a series of reality television programmes featuring Andre.
Mark Bateman, who represented Mr Hendricks and Mr H TV, today said Mr Justice Flaux had approved damages of more than £4 million.
Mr Bateman, a partner at law firm Archerfield Partners, said when interest was added the figure would be around €7.4 million (£5.5 million sterling).
Mr Justice Flaux was scathing about claims by Andre that he felt physically threatened after his close friend and manager Claire Powell allegedly received death threats from Mr Hendricks.
He described Andre, 42, as ''an extremely unsatisfactory witness''.
The judge had analysed evidence at a hearing in London and ruled on October 8.
He said the legal battle had been over an ITV2 production agreement dated December 9 2010 for shows involving both Andre and singer Kerry Katona, a former member of Atomic Kitten.
The Andre agreement had been for three years and related to the 'Peter Andre: The Next Chapter' series and 'Here To Help'.
The Andre series initially concerned his marriage to the model Katie Price, formerly known as Jordan, and then his life in the aftermath of their divorce.
More to follow
Read more here: