independent

Friday 18 April 2014

Husband gets an earful after ironing mishap

A POLISH man has burnt the side of his head while doing housework after mistaking the iron for a phone.

Tomasz Paczkowski (32), from Elblag in northern Poland, is now in bandages after his wife asked him to help with the housework.

"My wife had gone to work," he explained. "After breakfast I started to work. I turned on the boxing channel, opened a beer and started ironing.

"I was really getting involved in the boxing. Suddenly the phone rang and I mucked things up. Instead of grabbing the receiver I picked up the iron and put it to my ear."

Mr Paczkowski said he immediately felt a burning sensation.

To compound his misfortune, he hit his head on a door frame while dashing to the bathroom to cool his burn.

He suffered an injury just above the left eye.

Mr Paczkowski said he would give up watching boxing on television but would continue to iron.

Irish Independent

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Independent.ie on Twitter

More

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News