Sunday 23 October 2016

Girl who died after taking ecstasy on first ever night clubbing had lost two siblings to cot death

Lauren Brown

Published 03/05/2016 | 10:15

Faye Allen (Credit: Facebook)
Faye Allen (Credit: Facebook)

A 17-year-old girl who died after taking ecstasy while visiting a nightclub for the first time had been helping her mother deal with the loss of two babies from cot death.

  • Go To

Faye Allen - who was described as a "smiley, warm" teenager who was her mother's best friend - died in hospital after suffering an adverse reaction having apparently taking one "MasterCard" tablet at the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester.

Police were called to the Don't Let Daddy Know (£DLDK) event at 5am on Monday when Faye, who had been out with her boyfriend, collapsed. Officers have warned anyone else who might have taken the pills to seek urgent medical attention.

Detectives have arrested a 19-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman in the St Helens area on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.

Faye was aged five when her 23-month-old brother Jordon died in July 2004. Just four weeks later, tragedy struck again with the sudden death of her 18-week-old sister Neve.

Read more: Police urge anyone who took 'Mastercard' ecstacy pills to seek urgent medical attention after teenager's death

Their mother Maxine later gave harrowing evidence at a double inquest into Jordon and Neve's deaths that heard how there was a history of epilepsy in the family.

Faye, from Liverpool, was attending the event with her boyfriend when she suffered a fatal reaction to taking the form of ecstasy.

The boyfriend's father, who was not named by the Manchester Evening News, said: "She had never been to a rave or nightclub before. This was the first time.

"They are a couple of young lovers who have gone to a club. Faye took a pill for the first time and disaster has struck. The whole family are absolutely devastated.

"We don't know how we are going to look after each other. Faye was her mother's best friend and she doted on her brother and sister and her boyfriend.

"She loved to look after her disabled brother and her younger sister. She was such a smiley and warm, loving girl."

Faye's family were left devastated by the deaths of Jordon and Neve over a decade earlier.

In November 2004, a coroner recorded death by natural causes verdicts of Faye's siblings at a double inquest.

Jordon, who suffered from epilepsy, died on July 18 while sleeping next to his mother at their home in Anfield.

She fought to revive him and called an ambulance, but doctors at Alder Hey Children's Hospital told her Jordan was dead before he reached there.

Alder Hey specialist George Kokai said Jordan's death was a case of sudden unexpected death syndrome, with epilepsy as a contributing factor.

A month after Jordan's death, Mrs Allen put Neve to bed as usual but was unable to wake her the next morning, on August 15.

She raised the alarm and Neve was also taken to Alder Hey where she was pronounced dead.

Mrs Allen has another epileptic child, Jack, now 18, but it was not known whether Neve had inherited the condition.

Alder Hey pathologist Doctor Michael Ashworth performed a post-mortem examination on Neve.

He discovered she had a blood defect, but was unable to tell whether or not it contributed to her death. At the time, Mrs Allen said the tragedy had been "very hard" on Jack and Faye.

Faye posted pictures of the two youngsters on her Facebook page and also helped create an online memorial to the siblings.

It is believed up to 5,000 clubbers packed into Victoria Warehouse to see acts such as Showtek, Blasterjaxx, Don Diablo and Laidback Luke on Sunday night.

Police have urged anyone who may have taken the drug to seek urgent medical attention and are asking anyone with information about where the drug may have come from to get in touch.

On Facebook, Tommy Forsyth wrote that it was "out of character" for the teenager, who "loved her family" to have taken the pill. He said the Faye was "an awesome kid" who had a "cheeky smile that made her look like she was still 2 years old and she loved her family. These are the things everyone should remember her for".

Erin Kidd also paid tribute to Faye on Facebook, saying: "can't believe it! rest in peace gorgeous girl," while Sarah Taylor added, "rest in peace beautiful, miss u".

Leah Gallagher wrote: "Can't believe your gone! remember always dancing to the boom box in the yard, just so sad love goes out to all your family and close friends, forever young gorgeous xxx."

Sean Lynch a friend of Faye said: "So many young innocent people are dying at this young age - thinking about Fayes family at this sad time. R.I.PFaye."

Mollie Morgan said: "Too sad too many young people loosing there life's, rest in peace gorgeous girl hope your settled in up there rest easy Faye."

Det Insp Helen Bell, from Greater Manchester Police, said: "This is a tragic situation.

"The death of a young person is always devastating, but in these circumstances, it is all the more heart breaking. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this time.

"Sadly we know it is very unlikely that the girl was the only person to have taken this drug.

"We are appealing to anyone who may have taken this form of ecstasy, known as 'MasterCard' to get checked out urgently. Even if you took it some hours ago, this pill will still be in your system and could be seriously harming your health.

"Anyone with any information about what happened or where this drug may have come from is asked to contact police as soon as possible."

A spokesman for the venue said: "Victoria Warehouse can confirm that an incident took place at the venue in the early hours of Monday, May 2, involving a female who later died in hospital.

"We are currently working closely with Greater Manchester Police with regard to this on-going investigation, and as such, we are not able to make any further comment at this time.

"The Victoria Warehouse would like to convey our deepest sympathies to the family of the deceased, and will continue to assist GMP with their enquiries."

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News