Gates shut at Wimbledon as kitchen fire sparks security alert
Police temporarily shut the gates at Wimbledon as they responded to a security alert this afternoon.
It is reported that there was a fire on Court One.
Later reports confirmed that the fire originated in a kitchen area and was soon brought under control.
The gates were temporarily shut and emergency services responded to the situation.
Games continued on the outside courts, the Telegraph reports, and fans who were initially let into the grounds remained at the scene.
Witnesses reported sounds of sirens at the scene but were not aware of any evacuation underway.