Friday 21 October 2016

Former MP denies he murdered, abused boys

Victoria Ward in London

Published 26/08/2015 | 02:30

Harvey Proctor
Harvey Proctor

former Tory MP Harvey Proctor has issued a furious rebuttal to claims that he murdered two young boys and was implic- ated in the death of a third during depraved Westminster sex parties.

  • Go To

Mr Proctor said the allegations amounted to a "homosexual witch-hunt" that had "wrecked his life" and would be laughable were they not so serious.

He said he should be charged so he could fight the "preposterous" allegations in open court or his mystery accuser, dubbed Nick, should be identified.

Mr Proctor said Ted Heath and Leon Brittan were on a list of alleged co-conspirators, as were Lord Janner; Lord Bramall, the former head of MI6; and Michael Hanley, the former director general of MI5.


Janner's family said he is "entirely innocent of any wrongdoing".

Bramall has categorically denied any involvement in a VIP child sex ring.

Reading from a police disclosure document, given to him when he was interviewed by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Midland, he disclosed the graphic details of the alleged murders.

He said he had been accused of repeatedly stabbing one victim with a kitchen knife before raping him and being one of a group who punched and kicked another boy unconscious.

"I am completely innocent of all these allegations," he said. "I am homosexual. I am not a murderer or a paedophile."

Mr Proctor accused Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, of shedding "crocodile tears" when criticising the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) and Wiltshire Police for naming Heath as a suspect.

He claimed his own name had been leaked while his home was searched and he called for Hogan-Howe to resign for the "sin of hypocrisy".

He also called for Det Supt Kenny McDonald to resign from his position as head of Operation Midland and said the unit should be wound up.

"The police involved in Operation Midland are in a quan- dary. Support the 'victim' however ludicrous his allegations or own up that they got it disastrously wrong but risk the charge of a cover-up," he said.

Mr Proctor said the police should stop referring to victims of alleged historic sexual abuse as victims as start calling them complainants.

He also said new laws should be passed to better balance the right to anonymity of alleged victims and the accused.

Mr Proctor said he had "no-thing to hide and nothing to fear" and appealed to any witnesses who could place him at the scenes of these crimes to come forward.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News