Thursday 22 June 2017

Ferdinand stalker allowed to appeal

Mike Hornby

Premier League star Rio Ferdinand (pictured above) may have to face his stalker once again after she was granted an appeal yesterday.

Susanne Ibru (38) told Warrington Crown Court she wanted to overturn her conviction for harassment and a 10-year restraining order put in place to stop her bothering the Manchester United player and his family.

She was jailed for 10 weeks last month after the 32-year-old footballer told her trial that Ibru left him fearing for his family's safety by turning up at his home and demanding to speak to him.

Ambitions

Representing herself yesterday, Ibru, of no fixed address, told Judge David Hale: "I want to appeal against everything, the conviction, the sentence, the restraining order."

Asked what were the grounds for the appeal, she said: "I know Ferdinand and he knows me, and I hope he opens his mouth and says that this time."

Ibru, who claims to hold ambitions to become a sports representative, made three 400-mile round trips to the star's home in Cheshire last year, her trial heard. Her appeal will take place in October.

Irish Independent

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News