'Carbon monoxide poisoning' investigated after women found dead in flat
Published 24/04/2016 | 18:42
Two women have been found dead at a flat in a possible case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The bodies of the women, who have yet to be identified, were discovered after emergency services were called to the property in the Gallowgate area of Glasgow at around 12pm on Sunday.
Police said the deaths are being treated as "unexplained" but are not thought to be suspicious at this time.
However, one line of inquiry officers are investigating is carbon monoxide poisoning and nearby flats were evacuated as a precaution.
Post-mortem examinations are due to be carried out and a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said: "One line of inquiry is that their deaths may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning, although this has still to be confirmed.
"In the meantime, as a precaution, nearby residents from a number of flats in proximity to Dalserf Court have been evacuated.
"Inquiries continue and emergency services remain at the scene."