What we know so far after van ploughed into worshippers leaving London mosque
One person has died in a "potential terrorist attack" after a van was driven into pedestrians in north London.
Here's what we know so far:
- Police were called just after 12.20am on Monday to reports of a vehicle striking pedestrians in Seven Sisters Road.
- The Metropolitan Police said one man died following the incident.
- A further eight people injured were taken to three separate hospitals, while two people were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
- A 48-year-old man was detained by members of public at the scene and then arrested by police in connection with the incident.
- Witnesses said the van struck pedestrians who were tending to an elderly man who had collapsed.
- Police said no other suspects at the scene have been identified or reported to police.
- The investigation of the incident is being carried out by the Counter Terrorism Command.
- The Muslim Council of Britain said the van intentionally ran over worshippers, and it called for extra security around mosques.