'My darling precious girl': Mum's devastation as missing Olivia Campbell (15) named as fourth person killed in Manchester terror bombing
- Devastation as families realise loss of loved ones
- Four victims who died in the attack have been named so far
- Dozens of people remain missing
- Suicide bomber named as Salman Abedi (22)
- Isis claim responsibility for the attack
- Prime Minister raises terror threat to 'critical', meaning an attack is 'expected imminently'
- Extra police officers have been put on duty in London in the wake of the attack
- Troops to replace police officers at set-piece events
- Prime Minister to hold second COBRA meeting today
The mother of the fourth named victim of the Manchester bombing has paid tribute to her "darling precious gorgeous girl."
It's been confirmed that schoolgirl Olivia Campbell (15) was among 22 people killed at the Manchester Arena by suicide bomber Salman Abedi on Monday night.
The family of Olivia, who was from Bury in Manchester, confirmed in the early hours of this morning that she died in the attack.
Her mother Charlotte said: "RIP my darling precious gorgeous girl Olivia Campbell taken far far to soon go sing with the angels and keep smiling mummy loves you so much [sic]."
Yesterday, Olivia's family had desperately appealed for information about her whereabouts.
Mrs Campbell said: “All I know is she was at the Manchester Arena with her friend watching Ariana Grande and she’s not turned up yet.
“I can’t get through to her. I’ve called the hospitals, I’ve called all the places, the hotels where people say that children have been taken.
“I’ve called the police. There’s no news, I’ve just got to wait. I’m waiting at home just in case she turns up here.”
Saffie Rose Roussos (8), Georgina Callander (18) and John Atkinson (26) have also been confirmed as the first named victims of the horror attack.
A Polish couple who had gone to Manchester Arena to collect their daughters were among the victims.
Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski told a Polish radio station: "The parents came after the concert to collect their daughters and unfortunately we have information that they are dead. The children are safe."
A spokesman for the country's foreign ministry said "at least two people have died and one person has been injured" but could not confirm any further details.
Yesterday York College student Alex Klis said she was looking for her parents Angelika and Marcin, who had been missing since the attack.
In a post shared widely on Facebook she wrote: "Anyone who is in any safe place or hospital in Manchester, if anyone comes across my parents please please let me know as they've been missing ever since the attack."
Saffie's headteacher Chris Upton, told the Guardian: "Saffie was simply a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word. She was loved by everyone".
Saffie-Rose's mum and sister are being treated for shrapnel injuries in separate hospitals.
Georgina Bethany Callander, from Whittle-le-Woods in Lancashire, was one of 22 people killed by the blast as she left the Ariana concert at the 21,000-capacity venue.
She was a student at Runshaw College in nearby Leyland, and was on the cusk of finishing the second year of her health and social care course. The college expressed its "enormous sadness" at the news of her death and said it would be offering counselling to students.
On Saturday, Georgina tweeted that she was "so excited" to see the pop star, who she was previously pictured with two years ago at a concert.
The teenager's friends paid tribute to her, describing her as a "beautiful girl with the kindest heart and soul", someone who "lit up the room" and "a ray of sunshine".
She was rushed to hospital and died with her mother at her bedside, according to the the Evening Standard.
Sophie Jauregui, who said she was Georgina's best friend, tweeted: "I hope you rest in peace my darling. I love you so much and will always miss you."
Another friend posted: "Rest in peace Gina. I love you so incredibly much, you deserved the world & more. I’m so lucky to have met you and known you."
The actor Sean Maguire, who starred in the fantasy show Once Upon a Time, paid tribute to the "young and sweet" teenager he met at a convention last month. "My love to her and all the families of the victims," he tweeted.
Another star of the programme, Karen David, published a message of condolence on her Instagram account, saying she was "so angry that such a young and promising life has been stolen away".
The teenager was said to be a big fan of the show, as well as liking Marvel comics movies and the CW show iZombie. Georgina regularly sought to have photos taken with her favourite stars, which she posted on Instagram and Twitter.
Greater Manchester Police named John Atkinson as another killed in last night's bombing. He was a 26-year-old from Bury who has been described as a "beautiful soul" by those who knew him.
Twelve children under the age of 16 were among the 59 casualties taken to hospital after the terror attack at Manchester Arena, David Ratcliffe, medical director of North West Ambulance Service has said.
It is the worst terror attack in the UK since 56 people were killed in the 7 July London bombings in 2005.
What we know so far:
- Suicide bomber Abedi (22) was born in Britain to Libyan parents and is understood to have recently returned from a visit to the African country.
- Another man (23) was arrested yesterday in connection with the attack and Prime Minister Theresa May has said that we cannot rule out the possibility that Abedi was part of a wider network of Isil-inspired terrorists
- Three men have been arrested in south Manchester in connection with the concert bomb attack, Greater Manchester Police said on Wednesday morning.
- For the first time in 10 years, the prime minister raised the terror threat to the highest possible level, from severe to critical, meaning an attack is "expected imminently".
- Up to 5,000 soldiers will be deployed on the streets amid fears that the Manchester suicide bomber had accomplices preparing further attacks.
- Extra police officers have been put on duty in London in the wake of the attack, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick announced.
- Mrs May also announced that troops would replace police officers at set-piece events including sports venues and concerts.
- The military will be providing armed guards for key locations across London including Buckingham Palace, Downing Street, the Palace of Westminster and embassies, Scotland Yard said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack, saying: "With Allah's grace and support, a soldier of the Khilafah [caliphate] managed to place explosive devices in the midst of the gatherings of the crusaders in the British city of Manchester."
- Four victims who died in the attack have been named so far - Georgina Bethany Callander (18), Saffie Rose Roussos (8), Olivia Campbell (15) and John Atkinson (26)
- The injured - including 12 people under the age of 16 - were being treated at eight hospitals across Greater Manchester, Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said.
- A vigil was held on Tuesday evening in Albert Square, Manchester.
- All national General Election campaigning has been suspended after the explosion.
- Manchester Arena is the largest indoor arena in Europe and can hold 21,000 people.
- It is unclear where exactly the blast occurred, but initial reports indicated it happened either just outside the Manchester Arena or near a foyer.
- A "controlled explosion" was carried out by police at the Cathedral Gardens area near Manchester Arena shortly after 1.30am.
- The Prime Minister condemned what was being treated as an "appalling terrorist attack" and said she would chair a meeting of the Government's emergency Cobra committee on Tuesday.
- Police said the suspicious item at the centre of the controlled explosion was just abandoned clothing.
- Grande, 23, later said on Twitter: "broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words."
- Police are appealing for people to share their footage and images of the incident or the aftermath of the incident to a closed portal online, where they can begin an analysis for their investigation.
France's president Emmanuel Macron is seeking to extend the country's state of emergency, imposed after Islamic State attacks, until November, the Elysee Palace announced.
Read More: British troops on streets to foil new attack
Additional reporting: PA